Trying for a baby
My Naturally Fertile Programme enhances hormonal effectiveness, reduces stress, improves your diet and general wellbeing.
We nourish the soil to plant the best seeds, to grow abundance.
Naturally Fertile Programme
“I’ve helped couples with a range of issues including endometriosis, PCOS, recurrent miscarriage, low ovarian reserve, poor egg and semen quality; but sometimes infertility can be unexplained, though in Chinese Medicine we always find a diagnosis.”
Experience these evidence-based improvements:
- Better regulation of fertility hormones – stress can disrupt the function of hormones in the body. It is thought to influence female menstrual cycles (so ovulation and egg quality) and sperm quality (count, shape and motility). Repeated failures every month brings much stress, as does going through Assisted Reproduction such as IVF. Acupuncture counteracts these effects for both men and women.
- Increased blood flow to the reproductive organs – one of the consequences of stress is decreased blood flow, so restricting nutrients and oxygen to growing eggs and sperm. This could impair the quality and so reduce the chances of successful conception. Research has seen increases in blood flow to the ovaries and womb, enhancing the womb lining to increase the chances of implantation.
- Making you feel good – acupuncture increases your ‘happy hormones’ such as endorphins making you feel calm, light, unburdened – simply puts you in a good mood and leads to better, restorative sleep. This improves your health more generally.
How it Works
Preparing to conceive is very important. It helps you have the best possible pregnancy, birth and healthy baby. The egg and sperm take about three months to develop, so see this as your minimum preparation time where you can influence egg and sperm quality. Nutrition changes can take longer to affect the body fully, so thinking 4 to 6 months ahead is much better. Often making lifestyle changes is a gradual transition too, so give yourself this time.
Your mind and body preparation for conception starts with a consultation where we look at your medical history and review any test results, investigations and previous treatment. I’ll explain about acupuncture and you’ll have the opportunity to ask me questions. Following this consultation you’ll be given an outline treatment plan for three to four months, this might include dietary and lifestyle advice. Hormone tests may be required and this may influence your treatment. I may recommend you consult with a nutritionist or other relevant practitioners. I’m interested in measurable outcomes. We can do this by taking tests and retesting or looking at health indicators from your consultation. It tells me that both you and I are doing the right thing.
Initial Consultation (75 Minutes)
- Indepth medical consultation to assess your needs.
- Health report of your diagnosis and treatment action plan.
- Email support
Follow Up Sessions (45 Mins)
After your initial consultation, you may decide you have sufficient information to continue on your own or sign up for 12 weekly follow up sessions (45 minutes).
£720 (included £60 discount for package)
OPtional Extra Sessions
At the finish of this programme, additional sessions are available
£65 adhoc sessions
£360 six session package (includes £30 discount)
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS BEFORE BOOKING THIS PROGRAMME, OR WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS YOUR NEEDS,
GET IN TOUCH