Going Through IVF
My Fertile Support Programme optimises your response to your assisted conception.
We nourish the soil to plant the best seeds, to grow abundance.
Fertile Support Programme
“You can throw every IVF acronym at me, talk to me about your best friend who has just announced she’s pregnant, cry for the loss of the family life you had planned and get mad about how damn hard this all is; I understand, I’ve heard it all and will support you through this.”
My acupuncture is integrated alongside your Assisted Reproduction Treatment protocol to increase your chances of pregnancy, having a healthy baby and your well-being. If you’ve had failed IVFs before, my Fertile Support Programme could be the difference that finally works for you. Research shows that acupuncture optimises your Assisted Conception treatments: In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) (natural or frozen), donor egg or sperm cycles, intrauterine Insemination (IUI). A study of 1,366 women who had undergone IVF concluded that:
How it Works
Before Your Assisted Reproduction Treatment starts: Fresh IVF cycles and IUI
Your treatment should start three months before the start of your medication. Eggs and sperm take at least three months to develop and so administering acupuncture during your IVF cycle is under-treatment and making lifestyle changes during this time won’t give you the maximum benefit. The opportunity for all key elements for a good quality embryo from your egg and sperm will have been missed.
Learn more about my three-month Naturally Fertile Programme.
During your Assisted Reproduction Treatment Cycle
Acupuncture sessions are scheduled to optimise your protocol (agonist or antagonist protocols, natural/mild, IUI, frozen)
- Recruitment of follicles – one treatment in week before your period.
- Ovary Stimulation or Follicle growth phase – usually weekly (2 to 3 weeks), sometimes two times per week. Ideally the first session is within three days of your period.
- Day before egg retrieval (trigger injection) – one session where practicable.
- Post egg retrieval – one treatment to enhance healing might be necessary, where many eggs have been retrieved causing extensive micro-trauma to the ovaries.
- Embryo transfer or IUI – a session before or after this can help relaxation and improve blood flow to the uterus.
- The two week wait before testing – we aim for a session in the implantation window after embryo transfer or otherwise at any time to calm any anxiety.
Your acupuncture sessions will vary according to your Assisted Reproduction Treatment protocol and how you respond to fertility medication.
Initial Consultation (75 Minutes)
- Indepth medical consultation to assess your needs.
- Health report of your diagnosis and treatment action plan.
- Email support
Follow Up Sessions (45 Mins)
£360 (included £30 discount for package)
OPtional Extra Sessions
At the finish of this programme, additional sessions are available
£65 adhoc sessions
£360 six session package (includes £30 discount)
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS BEFORE BOOKING THIS PROGRAMME, OR WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS YOUR NEEDS,
GET IN TOUCH