Going Through IVF
My Fertility IVF Support optimises your IVF potential and chances of success. Practices in East Dulwich and Crystal Palace.
I’m here to support you on your path to parenthood
Fertility IVF Support
“You can throw every IVF acronym at me, talk to me about your best friend who has just announced she’s pregnant, cry for the loss of the family life you had planned and get mad about how damn hard this all is; I understand, I’ve heard it all and will support you through this.”
You will benefit from my specialist fertility acupuncture in East Dulwich or Crystal Palace if this is you:
- You’re preparing for IVF and want to make sure you’re giving yourself the best chance of success.
- You’re undergoing IVF and looking for extra support, particularly to manage stress and the side-effects from IVF medication.
- You’re having an embryo transfer and know that acupuncture before and after transfer can increase your chances of pregnancy and healthy baby.
- In the two week wait, when you know your anxiety is going to hit the roof, I can soothe those nerves and be a place you can off-load.
- You’re waiting to get to the 12 week scan and feel on your own or had miscarriages in the past. Checking in with me for soothing and reassuring sessions can make this just a bit easier to get through.
- Your IVF hasn’t been successful and you are wondering what to do next. I can help you explore your options.
How it Works
Before Your Assisted Reproduction Treatment starts: Fresh IVF cycles and IUI
Your treatment should start three months before the start of your medication if time permits. Eggs and sperm take at least three months to develop and treatment during this time can maximise opportunities to influence the quality of the eggs and sperm. If you have time, you can start preparing for IVF before your protocol begins with my Fertility Programme.
During your IVF Treatment Cycle
Acupuncture sessions are scheduled to optimise your protocol (medicated, natural/mild, IUI, frozen).
- Recruitment of follicles – one treatment in week before your period.
- Ovary Stimulation or Follicle growth phase – usually weekly (2 to 3 weeks), sometimes two times per week. Ideally the first session is within three days of your period.
- Day before egg retrieval (trigger injection) – one session where practicable.
- Post egg retrieval – one treatment to enhance healing might be necessary, where many eggs have been retrieved causing extensive micro-trauma to the ovaries.
- Embryo transfer or IUI – a session before or after this can help relaxation and improve blood flow to the uterus.
- The two week wait before testing – we aim for a session in the implantation window after embryo transfer or otherwise at any time to calm any anxiety.
Your acupuncture sessions will vary according to your Assisted Reproduction Treatment protocol and how you respond to fertility medication.
Most of my clients going through IVF are in their late 30s to early 40s, often already had multiple failed cycles, so they are wanting to do everything to improve their chances of success. I understand this and offer support every step of the way. I’m a Fertility Support Trained Acupuncturist (the gold standard in Fertility Acupuncture training) which means considerable extra training in IVF, which ensures I provide the best acupuncture to support your IVF journey.
Fertility IVF support Details
Initial Consultation (60 Mins)
- Indepth medical consultation to assess your needs, review test results, explore underlying health concerns.
- Email feedback of your treatment plan; including where relevant, diet and lifestyle inspiration, together with advice for medical testing or referral to other health practitioners, such as nutritionists, your GP, gynaecologist or urologist.
Follow Up Sessions (45 Mins)
After your initial consultation, you may decide you have sufficient information to continue on your own or sign up for 8 weekly follow up sessions (45 minutes). If you are unsure if acupuncture is right for you then you can book an introductory treatment session before buying a package. You will have 4 months to take your sessions from the date of purchase. You can choose to pay for these sessions individually or in smaller packages (see below).
£520 (£65 per session) Recommended
OPtional Extra Sessions
At the finish of the recommended package, additional sessions are available or you can choose these packages at the start.
£75 single sessions
£280 four session package (£70 per session)
£520 eight session package (£65 per session)
If you have any sessions from your package that you are not able to take, you can gift them to family or friends. In exceptional circumstances you can be refunded for sessions not taken. All packages are time-limited, extendable at my discretion.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS BEFORE BOOKING, OR WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS YOUR NEEDS,
GET IN TOUCH